September 17, 2008

the LOVE wedding

In the mormon world, I feel like I got married at a pretty "late" age. While going to a church school you see the girls just drop like flies at age 18 or 19, who all married great guys and are doing awesome I might add. But I lost a lot of roommates! I, on the other hand, successfully escaped BYUI as an unmarried working girl! So at a happy age of 24 I married the man of my dreams after we both finished college.
This past weekend I attended a wedding of one of my best friends from high school. I was the first to go and I hope the next few years will be full of them! So I drug my poor husband to feeding frenzi of screaming girls that he didnt know. And since I am the ONLY one that is married he was the only guy- bless him. But JD, being the charming, charasmatic man that he is, had all my girls laughing with him all night.

I love these girls. I love what we all bring to the table and how different we are. Most of them will never understand me, being the only mormon. And I am probably the only member they will ever really be close with. Things like not taking advantage of the open bar was beyond their reach. And understanding the concept of marriage, why get married?
Anyway, Congratulations to the new Amanda and Blake Love!!! (Isn't that such a perfect last name!)





We had to leave the Reception at like 10:30 Because both of us had to finish our lessons for the next day. Everyone was pretty drunk when we left so it wasnt a big deal. SO at around midnight JD and I are reading when we had a drunken phonecall from my best HS friend. They called just to tell me how much they loved my husband and how they hope to find someone like him. They are so right, JD is incredible and everyday with him is so much fun! I love being married.

Love my Diamond Bar girls!

2 comments:

S & K said...

Hey its so good to hear from you! Yes I love married life, we have so much fun on a daily basis. How are you guys doing? I miss everyone so much, and our fun house that we lived in!! How is everything going for you two? Love you tons girly!! Cute pics by the way:)

shayne said...

Hey! I know those people!! haha...Amanda looks SO good! I'm so happy for her!