March 2, 2009

Here and Gone Again

So there I was.... sitting at work just working on my Post to Broker report and I get a call from Scion Jim, the Turkish guy who sold Katie and I the xB. I was a bit worried to hear from him because we bought the car like 10 days ago and as far as I was concerned the transaction was done, all he had to do was transfer the title from him to Katie and me. So when I spoke to him he tells me that he needs to talk to me and that I need to come by the dealership. I swing by on my way home from work and he takes me into the back room (where his halfway rabid dog sits there and stares at me with her teeth showing, she isn't growling because if she does Jim smacks her, but she shows her teeth, its freaky) and he hands me a packet of papers. Long story short he tells me that when he went to the DMV to change ownership of Ron to me the DMV tells him that the title is not clean, its a "salvage". He was really trying his best to get me to keep the car and he offered me a 3 year warranty and all that. I was really upset because this is exactly what Katie and I were trying to avoid, we were willing to throw down a little more coin to make sure that we had a car that would be good for us long term. I spoke to Katie and she was just as uncomfortable as I was to keep a salvaged car so we told Jim that we wanted our money back. He was cool about it and he wrote us a check for the full amount that we gave him, and I handed him the keys. It was quite a downer to get something that I love so much taken from me, truly it can be said that I miss Ron. I miss his smell, I miss his musk. So join Katie and I in bidding farwell to Ron, axles to axles, rust to rust.

5 comments:

Dawny said...

Wow...that really is a bummer. :-( Awww. Don't worry, you'll find something even better!

Greg said...

RON!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE US SO SOON!?!?!?! RRRROOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Angelle said...

My condolences on your loss.

Kristal said...

You are hilarious jd.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh that is crazy!! Sad!!